Pennsylvania’s Capitol Building | First Floor – North & South Wings
As part of an extensive, ongoing restoration project, L.R. Costanzo was required to carefully document each step of the restoration and waterproofing work done to each window.
- Restoration of intricate designs
- Matching of historic finishes
- Documentation and tracking each individual window
- Building occupied during construction
- Worked closely with the Capitol Preservation Committee and a conservator to record the entire restoration process and assure historical integrity
- Engaged a laboratory to analyze finish samples to obtain exact match
- Before any restoration began, all windows were photographed, dissembled and catalogued for reassembly.
L.R. Costanzo experts:
- Removed, disassembled, catalogued, restored and re-installed windows
- Restored mechanical components to historical specifications
- Restored and refinished woodwork
- Treated each glass pane with safety film and waterproofed each window