Bedford Springs Hotel | Historic Renovation
On this colossal project, L.R. Costanzo worked on the exterior finishes on the historic Bedford Springs Hotel, which was once a vacation spot for several presidents. L.R. Costanzo worked meticulously to restore, recreate and install the celebrated exterior finishes. Some of the restorations included: porch decks, wooden columns, stairs, railings, siding and various trims.
- Replication of historic finishes.
- Tight work time frame.
- Coordination of work with various other craftsmen on such a large job.
- Replication and installation of 27-foot wooden columns.
- Dedicated research as to the style of historic finishes was conducted to perfectly match.
- Critical path scheduling and regular meetings were conducted to maintain tight time schedule, as well as coordinate all craftsmen.
- L.R. Costanzo worked closely with vendors to keep the materials historic-grade, while maintaining close contact with local fabricator.
- Porch decking.
- Replication of historic finishes on a large scale if restoration was not possible.
- Restoration of finishes such as railings, decks, stairs, siding, trims, etc.
- Painstaking efforts like fabric cataloging and photo documentation were taken to ensure accurate historical refurbishment.