CTSI, Inc. | Telephone Switching Facilities
These projects encompass renovations to facilities throughout the New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia areas. L.R. Costanzo was responsible for the building selection, design, construction management and maintenance of the completed buildings. The projects entailed interior fit-outs as well as exterior façade upgrades. The majority of buildings were completed with sales offices as well as a telecommunications switchgear room.
- New to the areas with no established subcontractor and vendor base/market
- Establish state and municipality contractors licenses
- Responsible for design, including structural, mechanical, electrical and infrastructure
- Schedule; once the location was chosen there was a six week deadline for switch gear rooms to be ready for equipment.
- Prequalification process for vendors and subcontractors to determine the most qualified subcontractors and vendors
- Applied for and completed testing to become an approved and licensed contractor in each municipality and state
- Partnered with engineering firms capable of working through expeditious solutions
- Prepared hour-by-hour critical path method schedules, pre-purchased long lead items, and careful on-site coordination.
L.R. Costanzo experts coordinated, scheduled and constructed:
- Telephone switchgear equipment
- Exterior electrical grounding grid
- New ceiling and flooring
- Façade repair and painting