Kane Properties | New Distribution Center
This design build project involved a full site development and construction of a one-story temperature controlled warehouse and distribution center to improve the owner’s current productivity and potential future expansion.
L.R. Costanzo assembled and led the design team including the landlord, design professionals, equipment designers and all subcontractors and vendors.
- Close proximity of residential properties
- Green field site requiring extensive grading and preparing to receive the building pad
- Critical schedule to occupy the facility in order to meet the demands of owner’s product release
- Coordination of all new and existing equipment into the new complex including demobilizing their existing facility.
- Strict budget due to the owners’ lease agreement
- Constructed natural earth berms to create sound attenuation as well as provide aesthetically pleasing environs.
- Scheduled first the necessary site work to complete the building pad to allow the start of the building construction; completed the remainder of the site work as the building was being constructed.
- Provided meticulous, constantly updated scheduling to meet the critical end dates.
- Consulted with each department’s personnel to understand their departments’ processes ensuring the move was sequential and seamless, such as, installation and testing of new conveyor system. Once installation and testing was complete, moved the existing equipment in to the new facility to start handling orders.
- Coordinated the delivery and installation of items such as furnishings, wall treatments, telephone lines, etc. to coincide with this sequencing.
- Provided detailed, hourly move schedule to coordinate the demobilization of the existing facility with the move-in of the new facility.
- Through detailed de-scope of bidders, fully defined scopes of work were awarded which resulted in a project with no change order to the owner.
L.R. Costanzo experts coordinated, scheduled and constructed:
- On schedule
- Under budget
- Administrative and support areas
- Packaging area
- Temperature controlled storage area
- Refrigeration and freezer areas
- Shipping and receiving docks
- Conveyor systems
- Optic reading equipment