Mohegan Sun | Pocono Downs Gaming and Entertainment Complex
The famed casino Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs called upon L.R. Costanzo to create a space to house a new section featuring table games. This fast paced, interior fit-out required renovations to the existing slots area, wardrobe area and office space. The project also included the addition of high-end finishes, masonry, miscellaneous steel, HVAC, electrical and sprinkler systems. The roof was further reinforced with structural steel for the addition of a future rooftop mechanical unit.
- Since the renovation work had to be conducted in a fully operational space, L.R. Costanzo was tasked with minimizing the exposure of the construction and subsequent noise, so as not to interrupt the patrons of the casino.
- Cleanliness, safety and regard for client operations/security were paramount.
- Multiple phases which included moving slot machines.
- The project needed to be completed within a very short time frame in order to meet the owner’s advertised grand opening.
- Constantly communicated and coordinated with the owner and subcontractors regarding the work schedule; hung temporary dividers to obstruct construction view; and used noise-reduction barriers.
- Enforced strict safety regulations so that tradesmen or bystanders remained unharmed throughout the duration of the project; uniformly upheld security regulations.
- Worked diligently with both the casino and Pennsylvania Gaming Commission to move slot machines several times according to strict specifications.
- Closely coordinated work schedules and properly adjusted manpower to bring project to a timely completion.
L.R. Costanzo experts also:
- Self performed the demolition, carpentry, millwork, installation of doors, frames and hardware and all specialties.
- Carefully protected adjacent finished surfaces for construction and material delivery throughout the process.
- Created new “Penny Grove” slot area.