Pharmaceutical Client | Pharmaceutical Client Sample Lab Upgrade & Receiving Area Additon
L.R. Costanzo Co., Inc. managed a four-phase renovation that transformed an unclassified sample laboratory located in a warehouse into a classified laboratory. In order to provide uninterrupted service, the team created a temporary space to house a qualified sample laboratory that was later transformed to a new shipping/receiving area.
- Building an addition onto a fully operational warehouse, then renovating inside the warehouse while not disrupting its daily operations.
- Physically installing the laboratory’s centerpiece…a laminar flow unit.
- Managing the phasing of the multiple-use addition, and the renovations to the existing warehouse efficiently.
- An isolation wall was installed as a buffer between the construction activities and receiving operations and a tunnel was erected to provide unobstructed access to the new addition.
- On-going communication occurred with key stakeholders as the team employed rigging techniques and coordinated off-shift work.
- Worked quickly to build the addition that housed the qualified temporary sample laboratory in order to renovate the inside of the existing warehouse.
- A new bio-safety cabinet, fume hood, laminate flow unit, and laboratory casework were installed in both the temporary and newly renovated laboratories
- LRC team members found and suggested additional uses for lab equipment and cabinets utilized in temporary laboratory
- Walkable ceilings were installed
- Self-performed the general trades work related to the laboratory construction