Tobyhanna Army Depot | Building 18 Renovations
This project focused on interior and exterior renovations to an existing 12,000 square foot building. Selective areas of the project’s interior were demolished to create two new foyers, 24-person conference room, reception area, lunch/break rooms, kitchen, open offices, restrooms, and private offices. The exterior work included demolition, site restoration, new concrete sidewalks, footings, curbs, masonry work, metal roofing, new windows, and stucco finish.
- Required a two-phase renovation in an occupied building.
- The building’s shell was comprised of multiple-additions and differing construction types.
- The existing water line was leaking under building.
- Critical utilities such as fire protection system, fiber optic data lines, and data switch were active in the construction zone.
- Employed precise scheduling, utilized well constructed isolation barriers, and created temporary swing space by the use of temporary trailers.
- Worked closely with the team to adapt the new construction to the differing substrates. Added decorative gypsum wall board soffits in multiple areas to enclose building additions, transitions, and utilities.
- Installed a new water line, while maintaining service to existing, occupied areas.
- Identified critical utilities, erected protection barriers, displayed signage, and informed the team of live areas.
- Created a curved feature wall that boasted a translucent panel with etched tree branches.
- Self performed demolition, concrete, rough and finish carpentry, millwork, doors, frames and hardware, and installation of all specialties.