Tobyhanna Army Depot | Electronics Maintenance Shop
Electronics Maintenance Shop
Tobyhanna Army Depot
The team from L.R. Costanzo Co., Inc. installed the infrastructure and erected a structural platform for a radar antenna positioner. The team also completely renovated an existing storage warehouse to accommodate an Electronics Maintenance Shop for Tobyhanna Army Depot, the largest, full-service electronics maintenance facility in the United States Department of Defense.
- Executing site-work and installing structural systems during extreme winter weather conditions.
- Working in an area deemed “high hazard” due to the potential of “unexploded ordinances” being present in this former artillery test range.
- Procuring owner-specified equipment to satisfy end-user needs.
- Hazardous abatement work occurring simultaneously inside the warehouse.
- Used ground thaw heaters, installed tents and employed winter construction techniques.
- Hired a metal detection/mine sweeping company to carefully screen layer upon layer of earth throughout the project’s excavations. All work and material handling was done strictly within clearly-defined clearance limits.
- Provided various options through a series of meetings and on-going communications with end users and owners’ representatives.
- Re-sequenced work tasks to accommodate abatement schedule.
- Installed electro-static discharge, epoxy-based flooring system on warehouse floor
- Erected three ton gib crane on antenna positioner platform
- Furnished and installed pre-cast building at antenna positioner site
- Dug 400’ infiltration trench around antenna positioner site