Village of Hancock | Hancock Fire Station
L.R. Costanzo constructed this attractive 16,000 square foot masonry and steel structure to provide the Village of Hancock with a state-of-the-art fire station. This station offers volunteers a physical fitness center, kitchen and recreation areas. The station will also be used as a command center during emergencies; office and storage for the emergency response team is also included.
- Project constructed during one of the wettest summers on record
- Site grading did not match plans and required solutions for standing water collecting in the parking lot.
- Roof truss contractor defaulted two days before starting work causing approval and construction delays.
- Close schedule coordination with multi-prime contractors and “readjusting” scheduled tasks to take advantage of good weather
- L.R. Costanzo project team closely coordinated with the engineers and architect on site to expeditiously resolve issues
- Awarded contract to another contractor to field fabricate and erect the trusses mitigating a major schedule delay
L.R. Costanzo experts also coordinated or installed:
- Discovered and removed unexpected unsuitable soils
- Radiant heat (under slab) heating systems
- Coordinated the other prime contractors to expedite work
- Provided value engineering to the architect and engineer to help the volunteer fire department obtain all required items at the best value